General Collection and Use
Some information is explicitly provided to us by you, while other information, such as your IP address, is gathered automatically as you use our Site. You may voluntarily provide certain personal identifying information to us in connection with your purchase of travel-related products, subscriptions, and services (all of which will be referred to as "Personal Information"). If you choose to provide us with Personal Information by opting in, you consent to our collection of that information and to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States. Personal Information includes all information you voluntarily provide to us, whether in person, by telephone, mail or email, or on the Site, such as: (i) your contact information (e.g. name, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification number, and postal and email addresses); (ii) financial information (e.g. credit card number, security code, cardholder name, billing address and expiration date); and (iii) information related to your travel profile (e.g. travel preferences, including seat selection, frequent flyer/hotel/car rental program information, booking history and interests and special health accommodations).
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with travel-related information, including providing you with responses to vacation requests, travel notifications, travel confirmations and updates, as well as managing your account, processing bills and/or personalizing mailings (electronic or otherwise) or other communications that you consent to receive, and to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activity, resolve disputes and collect fees.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may share your information with third parties to facilitate your travel plans or requests for information. Luna may share your Personal Information (only to the extent reasonably necessary or as required by the circumstances) and Aggregated Data (defined below), when applicable, with the following parties:
- (i) Third-party vendors and preferred suppliers, in order for such parties to (1) assist Luna in providing the requested travel services to you, (2) provide aggregate reporting to Luna and certain third parties (using only Aggregated Data and not individual Personal Information when provided to third parties), and (3) provide 24/7/365 emergency customer support for certain eligible clients;
- (ii) Those highly regarded vendors and preferred suppliers with which Luna has alliances so that you may receive information about exclusive offers or other luxury products and services in which you may be interested (but if you do not wish to receive marketing communications from those parties, please contact us at email@example.com and/or by unsubscribing);
- (iii) Non-affiliated third-party vendors and service providers which provide certain services or functions requested by you and/or which fulfill your requested transactions, including, but not limited to, hotels, airlines, cruise lines, tour operators and car rental companies, as well as service providers who assist with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection and affiliate and award programs);
- (iv) Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service);
- (v) The appropriate parties if it is requested by a government agency or law enforcement personnel or if we are otherwise required by law to disclose it in response to subpoenas, court orders or other legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims or as otherwise required by law (in which case, we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection available to us);
- (vi) The appropriate parties in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities, to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Luna, our clients or others, and in accordance with our terms and conditions and other agreements;
- (vii) Other appropriate entities, such as our successors or assigns, should we undergo a corporate transaction such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation or asset sale; and
- (viii) The appropriate parties when we believe in good faith that disclosure is required to protect the security, property, assets and/or rights of Luna from unauthorized use or misuse of the Site or anything found on the Site.
Luna may provide third-party links, or otherwise cooperate with third parties, to provide you with access to online booking tools. These online booking tools are owned and operated by third-party providers and are not under the control of Luna. Luna may provide access to these online booking tools as a service to you, and is not responsible for their operation, content, information practices or any link contained in a linked site. These tools often gather personally identifiable information and financial information from you to complete your booking requests, and our service may include some of your Personal Information in the link to the booking tool to help streamline the booking process.
Third-Party Privacy Policies
Sharing with Social Networks or Other Sites You May Authorize
If you are a member of a social network service (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) or you use other websites where you have authorized them to gather information about your online behavior on Luna (e.g. to notify your friends that you enjoyed one of our products or the experience), Luna may share with third party social networks Personal Information and/or other information regarding your activities on our Site or Service that may be associated with Personal Information third party social networks already have about you (such as your Facebook Profile). Such third party social networks may use such information to improve their site or services, to provide us with data to improve our understanding of our customer base, or for other purposes. Luna does not control the privacy policies of such third parties, and their privacy policies will govern their use of your information once it has been transmitted by Luna. Luna assumes no responsibility or liability for the actions of such third parties with respect to their use of your information or otherwise. Accordingly, make sure you are aware of and comfortable with the privacy policies of any third parties that you authorize to gather information from Luna or information they provide to Luna with your permission.
Like most websites, we use log files to track system activity. These files include IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP) and other technical information relating to your use of our Site. We use this information to analyze usage patterns, observe trends, administer the site, track user movements in the aggregate and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Security of Information
Luna maintains a comprehensive information security program that is designed to ensure the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information. Please be advised, however, that the Internet and other various networking communication media are not entirely secure, and your information may therefore be subject to interception or loss which is beyond our control. Accordingly, Luna assumes no responsibility or liability for disclosure of your information (personally identifiable or otherwise) due circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures with respect to our Site, Service or systems.
In addition to any Personal Information you may voluntarily provide to us, the Site also collects general information regarding visitors and users of the Site as it relates to their use of the Site (referred to herein as "Aggregated Data"). This information is collected automatically each time a user navigates our Site. The term Aggregated Data includes, but is not limited to, information such as traffic patterns, number, frequency and duration of visits to certain pages, visits from other websites or to third-party websites linked to the Site, use of particular services and interest in services, information or features of the Site or other parties made available through or found at the Site. This information is anonymous and is useful for improving the content and navigational tools of our Site. Aggregated Data may also include information or data obtained from you or other sources, which has been combined with or compiled from other information or data in such a manner to no longer be personally identifiable or linked to an individual. Aggregated Data is not considered Personal Information for the purposes of this Policy.
Luna does not sell travel or other services for purchase by children. Please be aware that Luna has not designed the Site for, and does not intend for it to be used by, anyone under age 18. Accordingly, the Site should not be used by anyone under age 18. Luna specifically requests that persons under the age of 18 not use the Site or Service or submit information to the Site. Luna does not knowingly collect information from children under 18. If you are under 18, please do not submit any personally identifiable information to Luna. If a minor has provided Luna with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that minor may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via regular mail at 701 Brazos St, Suite 1616 Austin, TX 78701. If we discover that a minor has provided Luna with Personal Information, that minor's information will be removed from Luna's database as soon as is practicable.
Viewing or Changing Personal Information
You should obtain the consent of any third party prior to your providing any Personal Information of that third party through the Site, as any access to view or change such third party's information may be available only through your account. You may access, view, and update your Personal Information, vacation preferences, or communication preferences by visiting https://www.lunamoons.com.
California residents have the right to request in writing from Luna:
- (i) A list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, address, email address, and the type of services provided to the customer, that Luna has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes; and
- (ii) The names and addresses of all such third parties.
To request the above information, please email email@example.com, or send regular mail to 701 Brazos St, Suite 1616 Austin, TX 78701. (Please include in your correspondence a reference to "California Disclosure Information.")
We will respond to such written requests, free of charge, within 30 days following receipt at the email or mailing address stated above. If we receive your request at a different email or mailing address, we will respond within a reasonable period of time, not to exceed 150 days from the date received. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
Questions or Comments
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or the way we use your Personal Information, please feel contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via regular mail at Attention: Luna Moons, 701 Brazos, Suite 1616, Austin, TX 78701.
Your privacy is of the utmost importance to Luna and we welcome your feedback.